Next Update - Sneak Peak!
by, April 29th, 2013 at 05:39 PM (20158 Views)
State of Play
So it's been a while, huh!? Well I'm here to reassure you that we have been very busy behind the scenes, and now it's high time that I share some insights into what's heading your way next.
So, what is next?
The next content update is going to be a big one, and will include the following:
- A revised main menu
- Custom Games
- Re-designed ranked matches & in game Leaderboards
- Introduction of a Player Profile
- Tutorial - Deuce basic training for new players
- A range of global balancing
- Goodbye Rocketeer, hello Engineer! The Rocketeer has been stripped back to its original design & made into a full utility class designed to build & defend
Why change the way we play games?
We have been carefully listening to your feedback and deconstructing it all to get to the root of the issues. We have identified the following:
- You don't want to only be allowed to play matches the way we dictate, you want freedom to play the way you want to play, and have control over your match.
- Many of you have strong opinions about certain in game content such as specific classes, weapons, or maps, and would rather play without some of the current content.
- You want more variety in terms of game settings and rule sets.
- You want to be able to play with your friends/clans and be able to set up teams.
- You want to be able to control which players join your match and be able to get rid of trouble makers.
- You want to be able to check your results without having to navigate away to a website.
- You want more variety in ranked matches, and to be able to choose your preferred mode rather than restricted to only a few.
- You want to be able to specialise in a specific mode, and for the leaderboards to reflect this.
We took this and worked on an update, that while it doesn't add new maps or other in game playable content, it will improve the fundamental way you play the game, find matches, and team up with friends.
After clicking the 'Ranked Match' option you will be taken to the playlist screen, where you can choose which official vanilla game mode you want to play. Once you have selected a mode the system will match you to the best ranked server available. All ranked matches will contribute towards your leaderboard standing and your player profile.
Currently you can find the leaderboards on our website, but we'll be moving these into the game, and you'll be able to access them easily via a menu option.
These will record your match and performance results, then rank you globally, by friends, and locally too.
You will be able to view leaderboards per game mode as well as globally so you can rank yourself on the modes you play rather than just globally. There will be a wide range of stats, all of which can be sorted to suit your preferences.
If you don't fancy ranked matches, and you just want to play for fun then Custom Games are for you. When choosing this option you will be presented with the choice to either join a match (public or open matches your friends are hosting) or create and host your own. Custom Games can be opened to the public or closed to anyone who isn't your friend. You can even choose to make your match invite only for the most control over who joins.
Once you choose to create your own game you start a lobby and you become the host. As the host you have full control of the lobby & players in it, as well as game settings, and game rules.
So if you have always wanted to play a game of TDM on The Colosseum, where it's Commandos only, knife only, with one hit kills on... you can! If you dislike laser beams you can turn them off. There's all sorts of settings to play with to find a combination that suits your preferences.
The Game Lobby
The lobby provides a chat box, and allows the host to dictate who is able to join the game, and remove who they want. As the host you can also set all the game settings from here, with the chat box providing a way to discuss the next setup. From the lobby the host can also predefine who's on which team, which of course is great for team games or clan matches, and allows you to ensure that you and your buddies are on the same team. Once ready the host will start the game.
These allow you to define the following:
- Game Mode
- Privacy of the Game
- Max Players
- Match Length
This section allows you to augment and customise the rules of the selected game mode. These include, but are not limited to:
- Block Health
- Block Wallet Size
- Game Speed
- Alter a Selection of Spawn Settings
- Enable Specific Classes
- Enable Specific Weapons or Equipment
- Customise Game Mode Specific Rules
The player profile will capture all sorts of information and details about the way you play, from your personal player statistics to specific stats for game modes, classes, and equipment.
Hopefully this gives you all some insight into what's coming in the next few weeks. Look out for more details about this update, and information on further future updates.
To discuss this news post click here.
Ace of Spades Team
Disclaimer: The details outlined here are not fully finalised and could change slightly before release