Incoming! Classic Mode is here.
by, January 24th, 2013 at 07:11 PM (9248 Views)
Today is the day that Classic Mode is launched, so log in, update and give it a go. This strategic mode is more reminiscent of the alpha versions of Ace of Spades that many of you have been asking for. We want the community to lead the developmental direction of this game mode so please do give us as much detailed feedback as possible. It is really exciting for us to be a part of this innovative project and we can’t wait to see what you have to say.
We want to cater for player preferences in terms of the way equipment items/weapons are used within the game, and since launch you have probably noticed a lot of balancing changes to weapons. This for example has seen weapons like the RPG go from Slow but strong to a much faster weapon with less impact. So what we will be doing is essentially seeing how splitting a selection of equipment items/weapons into two variations goes:
- Commando - split the RPG:
- Powerful, slow, single shot
- Rocket jump RPG
- Marksman – Split the Sniper Rifle:
- Single Shot, super powerful
- Weaker, larger magazine (more shots)
- Rocketeer – Split the Jetpack:
- Low hover Jetpack allows you to travel far quickly (long recharge)
- Short burst Jetpack allowing ‘super jumps’ (quicker recharge)
- Miner – Split the Shotgun:
- Double barrelled, crazy power but short ranged
- Pump action, less power but greater range
Post launch we will be really keen to hear what you think of the addition of multiple versions of weapons/equipment, which ones you prefer, if you’d like to see more of this, and ideas for future development. Please head here to discuss this update.